Posted by Instagrate to WordPress
My mom had me make this last week, and I liked it, but thought it was too tart. I adjusted some of the lime and timing and came up with this:
- 1 Zucchini per person, sliced.
- 1 tomato chopped.
- 1/2 onion chopped.
- Handful of mushrooms
- Feta cheeses (probably goat cheese would be better or real mexican queso if you can get it)
- Heat a large pan with with a neutral oil like vegetable oil.
- Onions and mushrooms in the hot pan .
- After a minute, add balsamic vinegar.
- Simmer for a few minutes until all items are soft.
- Add zucchini. Stir around in the pan so all zucchini are covered in a light oil so they sauté well.
- Once all zucchini are soft, add tomatoes.
- Once the tomatoes are soft, but not totally falling apart, add your cheese. Reduce or remove from heat.
- Stir. We want the cheese to cover, but not clump. We also don’t want it to totally melt and just coat everything in the pan.